Web Development & Designing Using Open Source Platform
This Video is discussion about why we should use the open source platform like drupal, joomla, magento, open cart, os commerce, Zen cart, X-Cart, Prestashop and many more.
1) Public Collaboration. One of the major benefits of open source software is the public collaboration behind each project. Most open source projects are created by thousands of programmers all around the world to create, improve upon, a flawless website framework.
Many web development companies use a proprietary, or home built system as the framework for the websites they create. Open source software, such as WordPress and Drupal, were developed by thousands of talented developers. What would you prefer? A website created by a handful of developers?? or a software package created by thousands of developers?
2) Not bound to a single web development company.
It is not like Microsoft office, adobe or any other software where you need to depend only on Provider Company for update or change. With thousands of developers already 100% knowledgeable with your software framework, any open source friendly company can work on your website. Don’t be bound to a single development company because you are stuck using their own framework.
3) Faster Web Development: As it name suggest it is open source and generally all open source comes with basic functionality built-in Like in DRUPAL, JOOMLA, WordPress etc has Content Management, Menu management, User management & For ecommerce platform like Magento , Open cart , Zen cart etc have all required modules for example order manager, Payment gateway support, Products manager, Category manager and many more. So web Development Company can use those proven modules and build and custom application according to the client requirement.
4) Bug Free for general functions. Open source frame works are 90% bug free when it comes to the general functions. so you don’t require a large amount of time for to test the simple website features and we can invest out time to create more creative features
5) Support Options
As it is made of thousands of developer you could get help from them from the forum. And generally they are very responsive. As well as you can submit the bug report to the respective open source website. Or you can hire a profession web development company for your dream website development
Open source platforms have vast number of the plugin/module available which can increase your site features. Still if you want more specific feature then it will be developed using custom modules/plugin by expert web developers
It will be very cheap if you choose right platform of open source according to requirement. We can talk later which platform to choose in next videos to come
1) COST If you dont choose the right platform the cost to customize will be very high and there will be lot many problem in the site
2) Security Issue. The major problem to use the open source is that the bugs are know to all for all old versions so please make sure that you upgrade your system to latest version.
3) Choose Right company for customization: Please make sure you hand over the project to the company who has vast experience for the particular open source as from my experience i have seen the most of the company modify the main source file due to which you cant upgrade your site to the latest version.
If you have any question feel free to drop a mail at email@example.com or visit us at